QUAD’s education and participation programme has been designed to play to our strengths and expertise in film, photography, digital and visual art.
Each year we deliver more than 400 workshops and activities for children, young people and families, with over 6000 attendances. QUAD advocates for the arts to play a vital role in developing skills, knowledge and confidence, enabling diverse audiences and artists to respond to and influence the world around them with creativity and innovation.
What we do:
- Workshops: technical and creative skills-based workshops in visual art, film, photography and digital media, bespoke to your curriculum outcomes
- Gallery engagement: exhibition visits, teaching resources and creative response
- Private film screenings: see a movie of your choice in one of our comfy cinemas
- FORMAT International Photography Festival: creative workshops, exhibition visits and learning resources
- CPD: tailored to your staff development
- Arts Award and Artsmark: as an Arts Award Supporter and Artsmark partner, our activity can support your students with their Arts Award qualifications and your school with its Artsmark achievements
- Year 10 & 12 Work Experience: opportunities for two Year 10 or 12 students per year to experience a week at QUAD, during Summer Term, and support the development of our programmes. For more info: https://www.derbyquad.co.uk/year-10-and-12-work-experience
- Derby’s Cultural Education Partnership (DCEP): a range of themed Cultural Campus Days and After-School Clubs with our creative and cultural partners in the city
If you want to find out more about planning a visit, workshop or film screening, please contact our Education Curator.
Get our Newsletter
Join our Education Newsletter to receive information about forthcoming exhibitions, resources, events, workshops and other opportunities at QUAD and our DCEP partners.Sign up
Download our Education Programme brochure for more information and costs for Workshops, Gallery engagement and Film screenings.Download here
Arts Award & Artsmark
QUAD supports students to achieve an Arts Award, and schools and education settings on their Artsmark journey - inspiring young people to create, experience and participate in great arts and culture.Read more
A unique collaboration of sport, arts and cultural activity supporting the development of essential life skills of young people. #ThisIsDerby is part of the Derby Opportunity Area commitment to closing Derby’s social mobility gap.Learn more